Domain here - DNS service for local IP addresses with TLS/HTTPS support
What is this about
In one of our projects we faced a problem, that we wanted to connect to websocket on a local network from webpage, that was served from the Internet. In order to use secure web socket connection (wss://) we needed the SSL certificate, but you can't get one for local IP's. The bottomline was that we could not change client machines configuration (no /etc/hosts, no importing of own CA's).
So we came up with the idea, that we could use wildcard SSL certificate and are using localtls as a DNS server and web server and Let's Encrypt for wildcard certs.
SSL certificate for *.Domain here
The real good news is, you can get from us SSL certificate for domain
*.Domain here for free
:) - here it comes:
- Full chain certificates https://Domain here/fullchain
- Chain https://Domain here/chain
- Private key https://Domain here/key
- Certificate https://Domain here/cert
- REST endpoint with all 4 files above in a single JSON file https://Domain here/keys
This service comes without any guarantee and is provided as-is. We will do our best to keep it working, but we reserve the right to turn it off anytime and without any reason.